Saturday, April 05, 2008

Question of the Day: How Do You Flirt At the Gym?

I've heard from several people that the gym is a "pick up" spot. How is this even possible? I guess I ask b/c when I go to the gym, I don't go to talk and catch up. I go to work out. I actually sweat at the gym. I probably don't smell that great when I leave the gym. I don't talk to anyone at the gym. I barely talked to my trainers. I don't wear extra hot outfits to the gym. If I spend my money on something cute, it will not be gym clothes. Don't get me wrong. If that's how you roll, I have no judgement about it, it's just not me. However, this morning when I was working out, I happened to have an encounter with a very attractive gymtastic (ie. very fit and hot) young man. I had done a lot of arm work and was trying to adjust the height on another machine. I was so weak that I couldn't get it together so I just started laughing to myself. When I looked up, there was this very hot young man laughing at me as well. He came over and adjusted the machine for me while we both laughed. I tried to explain what happened but I couldn't b/c we were laughing so much. I thanked him, he said "no problem" and every body went back to gym business as usual. I relayed the story to my mom and my friend Nik and both asked if I had gotten a name or number. The answer is "no". Why? B/c I don't feel hot at the gym. I feel sweaty, tired and of questionable freshness. This is not how I like to feel when I flirt with potential dates. Apparently flirting at the gym does get done. I would like to know how. Feel free to let me know how it's done b/c seriously, I would very much like to see this dude again in a non-gym setting.

No comments: