Saturday, August 16, 2008

Dear So and So Part Deux

Dear Sleep,

What did I do to make you leave me? Was I so bad that you had to just stop coming around? Tell me what to do. I can change. I know, I know. You hear it all the time. But I promise I'm telling the truth! I can't live without you! No, seriously. I CANNOT live without you. Dude. I am worn completely out and you know it yet you have resorted to games. You tease me during the day and don't show up in the evening. You're mean, but I still love you and miss you.

Desperately Needing You,

B

Dear Birthday,

Hi. I know usually when you come around I'm very excited. And it's not that I'm not this time, it's just that it doesn't seem like that long ago since I last saw you. So as you can see, this is kind of weird. I mean, I just got used to being this very special age and now, I have to be a new age which is not only older but not as milestony or important. Now don't get me wrong. I definitely want to be around to celebrate you, I'm just not feeling the spark, you know? At least I'm not feeling it yet. I'm hoping by Thursday, I will have gotten with the program. If not, I'm sure there will be drinks involved and that usually equals fun.

Getting It Together,

Bree

Dear _________,

Thank you for showing up. You've really been sweet to me these past few weeks. I really enjoy talking to you. Most days you are the best part of my day. You always seem to show up when I need you and I thank you for that. You help me see the best parts of me that I never seem to acknowledge. You continue to challenge my mind and expand my view of "how things should be". I hope our friendship continues to grow and can't wait until our schedules allow for a proper visit. I know you don't think I'm ready, but I am. I'm just waiting on you.

Sincerely,

Bree

Dear Check,

Thank you for coming. You have saved my life.

Gratefully,

Bree

No comments: