Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Dramamine, Cinnabon and Me

I hate flying. I do not heart it one bit, however, I do heart going to lots and lots of fun, exciting and far away places. In order for me to do those things, I am painfully aware that there must be a plane involved and this never ceases to make me sad. I think my lack of love for the planes stems for the fact that I really, really like to be in control of everything that I can. I'm not particularly bossy, but I do need to know that I am in control of most things that are going to or trying to happen to me. This is why I like to drive. If there is an accident, at least I have the opportunity to say "well, you know, I did all I could" and it be true. If it went down on a plane, I couldn't say that. I don't know how to fly a plane. I couldn't help out in a pinch. I would be useless. I could only sit in my seat and hope for the best (which is pretty much what I do on every flight I take) and that sucks. So, in an effort to eleveate my anxiety I took dramamine which is used for motion sickness. A few people told me that it knocks you completely out and I wanted that for my plane rides. Well, what dramamine did do was make me sleepy when I got off the plane, but while on the plane? Nothing. Absolutely zero. And I'm starting to think this is a pattern. For the last plane ride I had, a friend of mine gave me some Ativan, so I would relax. The required dosage is like 2. I had 3 and was not relaxed at all. Flying just freaks me out that much.

The good part about the airport though is Cinnabon. I love Cinnabon and all that it stands for. 1500 calories and 56 grams of fat all combined in one sweet treat. Delish! I have been eating of this same tired Cinnabon all day. It's really about time for some real food. I can't wait to get to it. I'm also really tired. Must be all that dramamine. I really wanted to be so happy and Yay! today b/c its my birthday eve, but all I really feel is cold, tired, sleepy, annoyed and hungry. These are not the things I want to feel on my pre-bday. I am confident that it will be getting so much better very soon. If not, maybe I'll take just enough dramamine to get me into a light coma and see what happens.

No comments: