Sunday, March 16, 2008

Mixtapes

Friday night, I decided that it would be a great idea to freshen up my Itunes playlist. That was not a bright idea. In fact, it's never a bright idea. On average it takes about an hour to delete or add a new song. Knowing this, I decided to start this process right before I went to bed. I told myself it was only going to take 20 minutes tops, but that turned into 2 hours. I blame my mixtape problem for this. You see I've always liked different types of music so in order to make one complete tape I had to mix it up. Sometimes this meant recording a song off the radio. At other times it was recording a song from another tape. Either way the process was pretty ridiculous. You would think with the all the advances in technology making a mix CD would be alot easier. I'm here to tell you that it's not. Depending on where I get the song I still have to try to cut off the DJ talking over all the good parts. I still have to decide the order of the playlist. I still have to start all over if the format isn't right. And in some cases making a mix CD is a little worse than making a tape. Case in point: if I messed up on a tape I could just tape over it. If I mess up on a CD, I have to get a new CD and start over. I'm saying all of this b/c I chose to use my good, valuable bedtime to make three different playlist for a friend of mine. I will not get paid for this. My CD's probably won't even be reimbursed. And it's cool. It just takes so much time. But he deserves to hear "Dedication 2" and every other song Wayne has been on this year and I feel it's my duty to help out the less fortunate. Besides he told me that my mixes are sick and flattery will get you everywhere with me.

No comments: