Sunday, May 18, 2008

God Bless Debbie Allen

I'm watching "So You Think You Can Dance?" and Debbie Allen shows up. I never watch this show so I had no idea she was a judge. Can I tell you how much I love Debbie Allen? She's been my favorite since I saw some old "Fame" reruns somewhere and then she followed that love up w/ a stint on "A Different World" playing some therapist lady who's wig falls off. And although simply amazing, believe it or not, Debbie Allen really isn't the subject of this post. The subject is myspace, or more specifically, how myspace manages to kill dreams and break hearts. How, you ask? Allow me to explain. On myspace there's a category for "relationship status" which seems to cause me all sorts of problems. I've managed to find out ex-boyfriends are currently "in a relationship" when I personally feel they should be doing something different all together. I think I've briefly mentioned this before. All I can say if I'm working on not being so nosy. Anyway. Today's "in a relationship" notice came from my super amazing, super smart, super hilarious boyfriend Aaron McGruder, founder, creator and genius behind the best show/comic strip in the world-The Boondocks. I went on his page b/c I wanted to see if he had a blog b/c I figured it would be hilarious, cause you know, he's hilarious. Instead of a super hilarious, incredibly smart blog, I find the words "in a relationship" under relationship status. In a relationship? Aaron how could you do this do me? I mean, I didn't think we were going to get married, but I did think we were maybe going to one day run into each other and start dating and have a great hilariously, fun brief relationship. He's everything I like. A cool nerd. I love cool nerds. But b/c he is so very cool, some other lucky lady has scooped him up. Oh well. I still have Boondocks.

No comments: