Sunday, May 04, 2008

Strawberry Cake Mix is the Devil



Wild Things is a horrible movie. Just thought I'd put that out there since I'm currently spending my Sunday pre-afternoon watching it. Anyway. Back to the topic at hand. Strawberry cake has turned out to be my arch-nemesis. Long ago, in a land far away, often referred to as New Orleans, my roommate had a birthday celebration. Another friend of ours made her a birthday cake. It was the biggest cake I had ever seen and it was made of strawberry mix with strawberry icing on top. That cake stayed at our house for weeks and I managed to eat a piece every. single. day. I ate strawberry cake long after it was still good. When it got hard, I warmed it up in the microwave. I could not leave it alone. I loved that cake. I think JYR eventually threw it away while I was at school or something. I don't think I was in the house when it happened. I was thankful when it was gone though. She knew I didn't have the willpower to do it own my own. I will be forever grateful to her for saving me from that cake. Needless to say, I thought all of this was behind me. Not so. Last night, I went to see a co-worker/friend b/c her daughter was having a birthday party. She invited me over to get some food and since I love food I agreed. Well, when I got there what was on the table staring me in the face? No, not strawberry cake, but it's more seductive partners, strawberry cupcakes. I love cupcakes more than real cake and mostly b/c they are just mini-cakes, which makes them easier to eat. You don't have to cut...anyway, you get the point. So I ate one and it was delicious. I even had ice cream (also delicious). She packed 3 cupcakes to go and so here I am, conflicted b/c I just started working out with all my might trying my best to get back to my fighting weight...BUT... I love, love, love cupcakes. And the truth is I already ate one this morning. I'm losing. So I have to go to the gym and do at least 2 hours of cardio which doesn't really make me want to get out of the bed. Decisions. Decisions. Maybe I'll just eat another one and really make that cardio worth my while...

1 comment:

F.E.D.S. said...

Best blog entry yet. I am pretty sure that I did not throw away that cake, primarily because there was no cake to throw away! Strawberry cake also saved the lives of a certain Spring 2000 line of a certain chapter of a certain fraternity founded in 1906.