Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Happy Hour

My job had a work sponsored Happy Hour tonight so I am just getting home. Please believe that I'm not pleased about that. This work week is dragging by so freakin' slowly. The upside is that I do get paid tomorrow and it should be a pretty respectable check. I'm also getting a new phone and hopefully a new wig. We'll see.
While at work today, I realized that I left alot of great rappers or MCs off the list. This is causing me stress b/c I have like ten more additions. Ladies and gentlemen, this is why I don't make "greatest of all time" lists. They are much too hard. The previous list wasn't even in definite order after like #5 b/c that was too hard. I obviously have way too much love in my heart b/c I find it difficult to make choices. I want everybody to win. With that being said, here's my other best rappers/MCs alive in no particular order:

1. Q-Tip
The Abstract has the best voice. Just love it.
2. Common
I know people think he fell off with Electric Circus but Come Close is such a complete song in so many ways. From the way it throws back to Tribe's Benita Applebaum to Mary singing the hook...just absolute goodness.
3.Talib Kweli
Just because. (And of course BlackStar)
4. Mos Def
Every album is different and b/c everyone would love for BlackStar to do it again. Please.
5. Kanye
Arrogance aside, Ye has some pretty good lines and the production is always innovative and sick.
6. Snoop
Deep Cover, The Chronic and DoggyStyle.
7. Ghostface
All That I Got is You made everyone cry across the board. From bourgie to thug, everyone felt it. Not to mention Cherchez La Ghost and well, Ironman.
8. Slick Rick
Legend with the sick flow.
9. Lupe Fiasco
I just love him. Thought provoking with a sick flow. I fell in love when I heard him on "Touch the Sky".
10. Phonte of Little Brother
NC's finest. If you don't know about Percy Miracles, run out and get "The Minstrel Show" tonight. Do not pass go and please do not collect $200.
11. Game
Yes he name drops like crazy and his pen game isn't that great, but his freestyle game? Ridiculous.

More NC love below.

1 comment:

F.E.D.S. said...

I love how I'm the one who asked you to post this list and you didn't even tell me about the blog entry! Rethickulous! Anyway, I will cry a silent tear for this list because The Game is on it, yet no love for Heavy Lee! "What's up, y'all! Heavy Lee gon' ball!" Freestyling at its finest.