Thursday, September 27, 2007

It Can't Get Much Wronger

I finally had the time to figure out how to get the music posting together. I now present you with "the new, the blah and the foolish"

As you know, I love Little Brother and Phonte in particular so whatever I find with him on it, I'm getting it and keeping it. Here are a few Phontelicious tracks.

Evidence ft. Phonte- Let Yourself Go
Little Brother- Cool As A Fan
Yellowlines- Cunninlynguists, Witchdoctor & Phonte

The New:
Kin ft. Pharrell- Goodfoot
Nice beat featuring an all female rap group, which I thought was pretty cool.
Falsetto- Dream
Nivea's husband. Make that money, baby!
Wale ft. TCB- Ice Cream
Girl

Wale is a new artist from DC. He was reportedly discovered by Mark Ronson and he absolutely killed the "Big Spender" freestyle. He is clearly reppin' DC with that Go-Go in the back. I'm not hating though. Please believe, NC has much love for Go-Go.
Lupe Fiasco- Can You Let Me Know
I love Lupe.
Chris Brown- Throwed
I'm really starting to like this song. The more I listen to it, the better it gets. Has a touch of Go-Go as well. If he comes out with one more song that I like like, I'm gonna have to purchase "Exclusive".

The Blah:
Lawz Spoken & Introspective- Goodnight Moon
Not sure how I feel about this song. Love the beat, Mary used this on the song "No One Else" from "My Life". I haven't had time to fully digest it yet. But if you know me, you know "Goodnight Moon" is my phrase, so I had to see what this song was about.
Chaundon & Vega Benetton- No
I know of Chaundon b/c of his work with Little Brother and the track was produced by Khrysis so I had to see what was going on. I haven't quite decided yet.

The Foolish or the "It Can't Get Much Wronger" section:
Shawty Redd, Pastor Troy, Daz & Big Kuntry- What The Deal Boo?
The title alone still has me howling. You could ask why I even bothered downloading it and the answer would be Pastor Troy. He has lifetime immunity just for "No More Play In Ga" alone. So anything he makes gets listened to at least once by me. Sorry kids.
T-Pain- Mr. Downtown
Another song about oral relaxation. It's T-Pain, so you know it's classy and tasteful.
Eddie Wright- Rethickulous
I listened to this song and literally died. As a result, I am posting this entry from the Afterlife. Rethickulous sounds like something my friend Nikki made up. I'm actually not convinced that she didn't write this song. I'm gonna ask later.

Well, that's all I feel like sharing today b/c that ish takes a long time. I'm off to help somebody get their wings. Be Sweet.

No comments: