Thursday, October 25, 2007

1997 or Hype Williams

About two days ago I was out running errands, making money or something like that when the DJ decided that he wanted to revisit 1997. It was crazy b/c 1997 was a pretty good year for me. School was good. The boys were good. I could drive and I had a car. I still had about 4 jobs though, but there was obviously money. Anyway. There were about 4 songs that I equate 1997 (and truth be told some might actually go with 95/96 but I wasn't that old back then so it all seemed the same) Let me take you back.













Ok. I admit that I ventured into 1999 really hard and sort of waived to '97 but these were my feel good songs. I remember my little sister and I first saw "Vivrant Thing" we were so happy b/c we thought that the girls looked so beautiful. At the time we thought that was a positive for the black female, but a good thing is only good in moderation. Oh yeah and Qtip is hot. Enjoy the videos and have a great day.

1 comment:

F.E.D.S. said...

Man, you made a hard left turn into 1999. You can't mention 1997 without Mo Money Mo Problems.