Thursday, October 11, 2007

Because It's Only Fair

I know yesterday I got a little heated about the whole Lupe Fiasco thing, but that's what I do. I get heated about things that are close to my heart like hip hop. And if something doesn't make sense to me, I'm going to have to speak on it. Again, that's what I do. However, it's only fair to direct you to Q-Tip's response.
It's really neutral given how heated most have gotten over the whole thing. I'm guessing this is mainly b/c Q-Tip is a grown man and has sense beneath his belt. Anyway, the whole thing is pretty tired at this point. It's on every blog from here to Zimbabwe and honestly, dude probably doesn't deserve all this attention. In a slight way, I'm sorry I spoke on it, but it illustrated a bigger point to me: the decline of respect. Again, at some point we are all going to have to learn to live with one another and respect each other. But to get to that point, people are going to have to start with self. I had a slight argument with my trainer this morning b/c he was complaining about the state of music today blahblahblah, etc. He agreed about the lack of respect and then just kept complaining. I told him, sitting around complaining about how lame people are isn't helping anyone. He looked shocked but agreed. The main reason why kids are so pissy is because somebody's always telling them what they like isn't shit, which is interpreted as them not being shit. That's really why Lupe acted up and to be quite honest, it's why I act up from time to time. We all just want to be respected.


LOL at those dudes dancing down the sidewalk behind Def Jeff.


Tone Loc was AVAIL-A-BLE! He obviously was at the forefront of the nonviolent movement! The best part of both of these videos is the dancing. It just comes out of nowhere. Hilarious.

1 comment:

F.E.D.S. said...

We're All in the Same Gang ran circles around Self Destruction, mane! I wish there was a Dirty South one. We could call it Chop and Screw All the Violence. It would feature Tip, Lil Wayne, Chamillionaire, Paul Wall, Scarface, Bun B (not Pimp C, though), Academy Award Winners Three 6 Mafia, Mia X (why not?) and a cast of thousands.