Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Sweet Jesus

Keep me in your everlasting arms. My ears are literally burning. My workday was cut short again today and while I'm not pleased about it, I'm keeping a positive frame of mind. My co-worker is not. She took this as her opportunity to whine the day away in my ear on the way to the parking lot. She whined about the inconsistency of our project. She whined about why some people were asked back and why some were not. She whined about the lack of hours we've been getting. She then whined about the possibility of working on the weekend b/c she wants to be able to spend a weekend with her family since she worked last weekend. Whine, whine, whine, whine. Great day in the mother f***ing morning! A rational person can only take so much. It speaks volumes of my resolve that she is still able to speak, let alone whine to me about things that I too have to deal with. That's the part that's on the verge of driving me crazy. This shit is not just happening to her, it's just that everybody else is handling it better. Take this whining BS to your husband. He made some sort of vows to you about sickness and in health, richer or poorer, so take that poor me ish to him. I absolutely detest whining and whiners in general. Take that shit outside, fix your voice and speak to me like an adult please. I don't like it from kids and I definitely don't like it from grown-ups. Thank the sweet Lord that I can write all of this here. As a result, I was able to politely tell co-worker that I am remaining positive about the situation so I choose to remain quiet while everything works itself out. Because the truth is this: Thank God we have a job. Thank God we get paid. Thank God that we worked this weekend or the next check would be on life support. Thank God we got off early today b/c you got to take your kids treat-or-treating (something else you complained about yesterday). And since we got off early everyday this week and didn't even go in on Monday (the day you took your kids to the movies) you effectively got to be home just as they were getting in from school. Where and what is the problem? The gift and the curse of common sense makes understanding some thought processes so difficult at times. I need to go run this irritation out. Later.

No comments: